Basil Hayden's Bourbon Bacon Sour Cocktail Recipe
Ok guys, I've shared some easy recipes here in the past and there's something to be said for a cocktail recipe that can be shared in 3-4 lines. However, sometimes it's good to try something a little more advanced and that's what I have to share with you today from our friends at Basil Hayden's, part of the Beam Small Batch Collection.
Basil Hayden’s Bacon Sour Bourbon Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/3 part Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1 part St-Germain® Liqueur Infused with Applewood Smoked Bacon (recipe included below)*
- 1 part Freshly Squeezed and Strained Lemon Juice
- 1/2 part Diluted Maple Syrup (1:1 ration of Vermont Grade A Medium Amber Syrup to water)
- 1 dash Peychaud’s® Bitters
- 1/4 part Pasteurized Egg White
- Combine Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, bacon-infused St-Germain®, lemon juice, diluted maple syrup, bitters and egg white into a mixing glass and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice into a double old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a piece of St-Germain® infused Applewood smoked bacon.
*Bacon Infused St-Germain®
- 9 Thick Slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 2 750 ml bottles of St-Germain® Liqueur
- Cook bacon in the oven until it is crispy on the outsides but still chewy in the center.
- Place bacon on paper towel to remove some of the rendering.
- Place cooked bacon in a glass jar with two 750 ml bottles of St-Germain® and allow it to infuse for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Remove bacon.
- Place liqueur in the freezer so renderings congeal and you can remove them.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and cheese cloth to remove as much rendering as possible.
repeat freezer step if needed and strain again.
Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Written by James Hills
- Page Views: 5064