Experience Carnevale at Venetian and Palazzo
The Venetian and the Palazzo Las Vegas are set to launch a huge festival, inspired by the Carnevale festivals of Italy.
Events include: Mixology experiences, Cooking Schools, Sammy Hagar Beach Bum Rum Weekend with BBQ by Emeril Lagasse, George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila Weekend, Red Bull Extreme Weekend, and Ping Pong Challenge Weekend.
Guests can celebrate 300 experiences during three months of summer fun, featuring grand experiences in entertainment, art, fashion, games, music and wine
Press Release: The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas will come alive with the fantasy, food, fun and romance of Italy during CARNEVALE, a three-month celebration of the summer festivals of Italy, May 27 through Sept. 8, 2013. Based on the highly successful premier in 2012, the festival will be expanded to feature 300 experiences throughout the summer, including many exclusively for The Venetian and The Palazzo guests and Grazie members.
CARNEVALE is inspired by the numerous festivals that grace the small villages and towns of Italy throughout summer. The grandest of them all – CARNEVALE – was born in 1162, and is heralded as one of Europe’s greatest celebrations of art, food and culture. In that tradition, wonder and revelry will surround guests at The Venetian and The Palazzo resorts, with activities that center around entertainment, art, fashion, games, sports, music and wine. From visual spectacles to themed characters and unexpected surprises around every corner, guests will be wrapped up in the pageantry that is CARNEVALE .
“The magic of CARNEVALE is never knowing what unexpected surprise is around the corner,” said John Caparella, president and chief operating officer of The Venetian, The Palazzo and Sands Expo. “CARNEVALE offers the perfect place unmask your inner artist, adventurer, foodie and romantic.”
This year’s activity schedule will include additional value and programming for guests and visitors.
Special Value for Overnight Guests
The “Passaporto di CARNEVALE ” will be included with overnight stays throughout CARNEVALE featuring special discounts and entertainment specials valued at more than $1,000, including retail offers from resort restaurants, spa, The Grand Canal Shoppes and The Shoppes at The Palazzo. The Passaporto will be an exclusive benefit to resort guests and Grazie members, The Venetian and The Palazzo’s premier loyalty program. During CARNEVALE, Grazie members can continue to earn valued Status Points with all suite charges by linking a Grazie account to suite reservations.
Special Fun and Activities
Guests visiting during CARNEVALE will enjoy a calendar of special events, activities and promotions, including nightly entertainment spectacles. Daily events will include:
· Ciao Bella – The Carnevale Welcome Reception: Join us for a nightly reception in your honor featuring live music, character photo ops, mixology lessons and other surprises!
· The Masquerade – A Cavalcade of Carnevalean Characters: Join in the fun with our elaborately costumed masked characters, celebrating the romance, mystery and artistry of the historic Venice festival.
· The Knight Court – A Nightly Carnevale ‘Beading’ Frenzy: Masked knights toss festive beads to guests, in the spirit of Carnevale. Every night, one lucky beaded necklace contains a Carnevale casino chip – the grandest prize of them all!
· Cocktails Unmasked – A Summer of Mixology at The Venetian: Your nightly opportunity to try something new! Every week, we will spotlight a new spirit, and will present a new mixed drink every night for you to sample free of charge. Ever wish you had a chance to sample Seven Ways to Serve a Rum Cocktail? Seven ways to make a Margarita? You’ll have a chance
· Light of Venice – A 3D Light Projection Fantasy: The façade of The Venetian is the canvas for a 3D fantasy of light and music, featuring state-of-the-art digital mapping technology.
· Veni, Vidi, Vino – The Carnevale Wine Walk – If every time you drink red wine, you end up getting a cab… this is the activity for you! This is your chance to stop and smell the rosé! Grab a map and explore the best “by the glass” Italian wines of The Venetian and The Palazzo.
· The Neon Olympiad – Party Like it’s 1988! -- Join our VJ at the Bourbon Room every night, to participate in an ‘80s-inspired party. Participate and you can win Carnevale prizes.
· Dance Through the Decades – ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s live on stage! -- Nowhere on the planet can you enjoy the best music of the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s through live musical theater… in one place! Enjoy smooth harmonies of ‘60s Motown in HUMAN NATURE, the groovy tunes of the ‘70s in PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT THE MUSICAL, and the anthems of the ‘80s in ROCK OF AGES LAS VEGAS.
· National Geographic 50 Greatest Photos: The Venetian Imagine Gallery features a special exhibition with the story behind the 50 greatest photos from the photographers of National Geographic. As a special bonus for Carnevale, the gallery will feature a photo display of photos from Venice’s Carnevale, taken by photographers of the prestigious magazine.
Other Carnevale fun:
o Live music
o Poolside concerts
o Wine tastings
o Winemaker’s dinners
o Table game lessons
o Ping pong lounge
o Carnevale cocktails
o Photo ops
o Cooking schools
o Synchronized swimming demos
o Horticulture tours
o Sidewalk chalk art
o Fashion shows
o DeepStack poker tournament
o Celebrity appearances
o Comedy shows featuring Joan Rivers, Rita Rudner, Tim Allen, and David Spade
o Wheel of Fortune tapings.
o Special Weekends (Details, packages and dates coming soon)
o Sammy Hagar Beach Bum Rum® Weekend (with a barbecue by Emeril Lagasse) (June 8-9)
o George Clooney’s Casamigos Tequila® Weekend (with a festival by Wolfgang Puck) (dates TBD)
o FIJI® Weekend in Paradise (featuring the finer things in Vegas) (dates TBD)
o Red Bull® Extreme Weekend (dates TBD)
o Passion for Cabernet Weekend (July 25-26)
o Curtis Stone Up-Close & Personal Weekend (July 26-27)
o A Taste of Eataly® Weekend (featuring Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich) (dates TBD)
o Italian Sommelier Competition Weekend (Aug. 29-31)
o Giro D’Italia Weekend (Aug. 9-10)
o Havana Nights Weekend (Labor Day Weekend)
o World’s Largest Bachelorette Party Weekend (July 19-21)
o Ping Pong Challenge Weekend (dates TBD)
- Written by oldadministrator
- Page Views: 6913