Here is a follow-up to the ActiFry review we did recently.
Want to know how we made those awesome fries? Here's the recipe ...
I am not a chef, but I do know that bacon + fries = delicious and you can even drop some shredded cheese on here afterwards to make it even better!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes.
(don't worry, most of this time is spent watching the game while the ActiFry cooks it up unattended)
- 2-3 baking potatoes
- 1 standard 14-16 oz package of bacon
- 1 ActiFry spoon of olive oil (optional)
- Salt / Season to taste with standard table salt, Old Bay Seasoning, or Season Salt.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and place into the ActiFry - you won't need to add oil at this point since the bacon will provide plenty of grease to cook itself.
- Start the ActiFry and let it cook for between 5-10 minutes or until the bacon looks like it is starting to brown and has released some grease.
- While the bacon is cooking, it is time to slice up the fries - I tend to like them wedge cut and with the skins on but you can do as you wish.
- Once the potatoes are ready and the bacon has cooked off some of the grease, stop the ActiFry, (safely) dump some but not all of the grease. - you don't want your fries swimming in bacon fat or they won't get nice and crispy!
- Place the potatoe wedges in the ActiFry cooking basket and let it cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Take your seasoning and sprinkle it on the fries, then let it cook another 5-10 minutes.
This should give you some DELICIOUS fries that taste as good as anything from a deep fryer but contain a fraction of the oil.