People say that soccer is a boring sport, but despite my love for baseball it has soccer beat. Sure, there are moments of extreme action but I feel like many times when we jump up in our seats to cheer it's because we are so bored that we simply need to do something to avoid falling asleep. Never fear though! I've spent hundreds of hours attending baseball games and here's a few of my tricks to avoid boredom at a baseball game ...
Ok, so not every baseball game is boring but even the most diehard fans have to admit that by the end of the season, there are games that just don't matter anymore. That's especially true if your team is at the bottom of the division and essentially out of position for the playoffs.
Here's Our Top 15 Ways to Kill Time At a Baseball Game:
- Check sports scores of other less boring games on your phone.
- Send selfies of yourself to friends on snapchat.
- Wander around the stadium trying to find that one tap of your favorite beer that seems to keep changing locations.
- Wait in the men's room line for 20 minutes just to get rid of that beer you drank.
- Head back out and look for something to eat. Tri-tip nachos? Or is it a burger night?
- Eat a Nestle Crunch bar.
- Use the wrapper to create origami figures.
- Grab another Nestle Crunch bar, take a bite out of it to make jaws and pretend that your bar is going to eat other people as they pass by.
- Start the "wave".
- Sing the Seventh Inning Stretch song at the top of your lungs.
- Listen in on the conversation next / behind / in front of you and inject fake basebal facts just to confuse them.
- Count the number of crispy rice pieces embedded in your bar.
- Bring a pair of binoculars and look for uber fans wearing weird stuff or covered in body paint.
- Try to count the number of empty seats on the upper deck of the stadium.
- Cheer when something exciting happens!