More Than Just Margaritas For National Tequila Day
Commemorate the day by mixing up the Basil Paloma, a unique twist on the classic Paloma cocktail featuring Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila, or the Coctel Del Barista, a sweet and refreshing cocktail featuring Hornitos Reposado Tequila, a variant created by Hornitos decades before it became common practice.
- 2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
- 1 ¼ parts fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- ½ part simple syrup
- 1 dash Angostura® bitters
- Basil sprigs
- Grapefruit slice
Preparation: Lightly muddle 2-3 basil sprigs in a shaker. Add the remainder of ingredients into the shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a basil sprig and grapefruit slice.
Coctel Del Barista
- 1 ½ parts Hornitos® Reposado Tequila
- 2 parts fresh brewed black tea
- ¾ parts fresh lemon juice
- ½ part agave syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura® bitters
- Lemon wheel
Preparation: Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
- Written by James Hills
- Page Views: 955