Project Viking Custom Land Rover Defender Is Ready For Adventure
While modern off-road trucks have some incredible technology, almost nothing compares to the classic Landrover Defender. So when the folks at E.C.D. Automotive Design sent us this "All-American" take on the classic British icon we just had to share it with you.
Project Viking looks irresistible in its Liquid Silver Metallic finish. It’s a mammoth off-road beast sitting at an intimidating 7’4” height on massive 37” Maxxis Trepador Mud-terrain tires. The Icelandic wheel arches give Project Viking an aggressively wide stance. Powered by a 5.3L LC9 V-8 engine that rumbles with a Borla Performance exhaust, Project Viking features the performance and reliability to be just as capable off-road as it is driving across the country.
The interior of this custom D110 features a more subtle look with Corbeau seats finished in beautiful Envy Umber and Super-soft black leathers. Additional storage boxes were added under the rear bench seats. Modern technology includes wireless charging for mobile devices and in-car wifi.
Base Spec of Vehicle
- Custom Defender 110
- LC9 5.3L 340hp V-8 engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission
- Liquid Silver Metallic in a full gloss finish
Wheels, Tires, and Accessories
- Tires - 37” Maxxis M-8060 Trepador Mud Terrain tires
- Wheels - 16” Beadlock wheels
- Suspension - 2” Suspension Lift
- Exhaust - Borla Performance exhaust system
- Side-steps - Full-length side steps with black metal checkers
- Bumper - Aircon winch bumper with daytime running lights and A-frame budge bar
- Winch - Warn Industries VR-8 winch system
- Roll cage - Safety Devices full external roll cage with a rear access ladder
- Lighting - 4 spots lights on the front roll cage; 2 rear work lights; Automatic headlights; Puddle lights
- Additional Accessories - KBX wing-tops; Icelandic wheel arches; Steering guard finished in black; Swing-away wheel carrier
- Seats - Corbeau RRS seats in the front and middle row; Bench seats in the rear load area
- Storage - Custom storage boxes under the rear bench seats
- Leather - Envy Umber and Super-soft Black leathers
- Steering Wheel - Momo Eagle steering wheel
- Gauges - Classic Instruments Silver-Gray series
- Additional Accessories - Heated front seats; Rear AC controls; Black leather door handles
In-Car Entertainment and Electronics
- Infotainment - Sony Infotainment system with Sirius XM
- Audio - JL Audio amplified 8-speaker sound system with subwoofer
- Additional Accessories - Wireless charging for mobile devices; USB’s on the dash and behind the center console; Front and rear cameras; In-car WiFi; 3-button garage door opener
Where would you take Project Viking if she was yours?
- Written by James Hills
- Page Views: 11461